Monday, April 30, 2007

Love.

love.

what is love?

my parents taught me that love is selfless.
my parents taught me that love is sacrificial.

my father taught me how to feel love.
my mother taught me how to express love.

i believe that my family are the people who love me the most on this earth.
i believe that my parents are the people who are capable of truly loving me the most on this earth, as long as they live.

what is a family? must love be reserved amongst one's 'family'?

my best friends tell me that they love me and that they care for me, and i feel the genuineness of their love.

then there is Christ's love.
Christ tells us to be love.

tell me my friends.
what is love? what is true love?


what does it mean to love? what does it mean to love one another and to love God?
some say that they are 'in love with God'. what does that mean? can that truly be?

are there really different types of love, as the Greeks have said long long time ago?
God's love, parents love, family love, friends love, romantic love... are they all love?

what is love?

love..

do i truly love? can i truly love? will i ever be able to love God and others, to truly love them so selflessly and sacrificially?

love and life.

i like love.

love is good.
love is warm.
love is important.
love is generous.

love is the giver of life.
love is the source of life.
love is the fuel of life.

love is the purpose of life?
love is the reason for being?
love is .. everything ..?

what is love...

love gives.
love cares.
love bonds.
love encourages.
love empowers.
love challenges.
love changes.
love heals.
love forgives.

what is love?

does love mean holy?
does love mean pure?

love fills our heart with joy.
love makes us weep the saddest.
love makes us wise.
love gives us courage.
love gives us hope.

tell me my friends.
what is love?



-kim, as if born to learn to love and to figure out what love truly is.






p.s.
a side story:
"my daughter, go out and get a labouring and low paying job. go out and make some money. go out and see the world, what the world is really like. experience and learn." my father told me one afternoon.
and i did. at this small women's clothes store called, "Mehanna", in a mall called "Atrium on Bay". embarrassed to say,, this is my first paying job ever.
so for the last couple of days, i have been living a very different life than the school life that i used to live.
my deteriorated muscules have been reworked and my poor poor feet are so tired. but i am good my friends. :)



p.s.s. tell me if the new colours hurt your eyes..

2 comments:

joyce said...

the new colours don't hurt my eyes, the font does.

as for what love is... i will get back to you on that someday.

Anonymous said...

1 corinthians 13 - what love is..=)