Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello.

welcome to kimmy's weather report!

i am joyce, also known as "kim" or "kimmy". :)

for the longest time, i couldn't understand this whole 'blog-thing'. what is a blog, and why do people use it? why would people want others to read about what they did, what they think, what they feel? it's almost like a filtered journal, depending how 'filtered' you want it to be.
my best friend recently created a blog, and we were talking about what to write on blogs. this lead the critical part of my mind to question, isn't blog partly about constructing one's identity, who we want to be in front of others, to the readers?
or perhaps, that is just what i am struggling with: learning to be courageous to be who I really am. lack of courage, lack of action are the things that i need to work on.

anyhow, so what is a blog for me, and why did i decide to create it?

because i am an enclosed and private person 'in nature'. of course, everyone needs friends to talk to, and i am blessed with some amazing people in my life. yet, i feel the need to open up more. at church, the pastor often emphasizes the importance of opening up to God and to others, of being honest with ourselves, of being me.

so this blog means sharing my life with others, opening up my thoughts, feelings, struggles and joys to others, so that hopefully the blog can be a witness of the transformation of my life over time.

enjoy, friends!
but i warn you of my crazy thoughts and all. haha.

today's weather report: clouds of laziness with a bit of rain and sunshine.

-kim.

1 comment:

joyce said...

the time looks about right. i think we're Eastern Standard Time (and right now we're NOT on daylight saving time)

good luck with your blog. i look forward to reading your posts.