Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Not Being Thankful Enough.

joyce kim! you should be ashamed, being such a kid and complaining to your readers like that yesterday! so here is an apology from joyce: "sorry for being a spoiled little brat yesterday friends." haha.

a speaker once asked,
"HOW MUCH DOES THE GOSPEL MATTER TO YOU?"

i always tell myself to be thankful.
but now that i come to think of it, am i really thankful, thankful for everything that God has put in my life?
because if i was truly thankful, i wouln't live the way i live right now. if the Gospel truly mattered to me that much, i wouln't waste so many hours of my life like i do right now.

JOYCE KIM! ARE YOU THANKFUL?
wispering shamefully, no. i guess i am not. i guess i really took everything for granted. EVERYTHING. that's bad, ain't it?
life isn't that easy, kiddo. when you'll be out there, out of the care of your parents, you will be out there. rethink your life before you regret. nothing you can do to change your wasted past, you know.. don't make the same mistakes. don't be so stupid with your life.

i guess i really don't know what it means to be thankful. i guess i really don't know what it means to work hard to earn my living. i guess i never 'not had'. i always had everything i needed and wanted provided under the sweat of my parents.
i suppose i really don't know what it means to be thankful for all these God-given blessings: this opportunity for university education, for the daily food which i often abuse by 'binge eating', for this warm house, for all this luxury in my life, even for my abled body and talents...
i look around, and i realize how much i have. wow. and i am not truly thankful for all these? .... !


-kim, apparently not being thankful enough; not taking the Gospel seriously enough; and taking love for granted; parents' love and Christ's love; their love for me.

p.s. *note** my friend is urgently looking for someone to sublet her room over the summer [downtown, toronto], so if you know anyone who may be interested, please let me know. thanks!
p.s.s. pray for my upcoming job interview please. thank you.

1 comment:

joyce said...

when's your job interview? are you prepared???

you'll be okay. just know why you want to work there.