Sunday, May 6, 2007

Random Insights.

more insights from "Courage and Calling":

Gordon T. Smith argues that God is good, but life is unfair and that it is a broken and cruel world that we live in, so just toughen it up & suck it up!

"Are we consumed by ourselves and filled with self-pity and anger, or does our very encounter with pain become a vehicle by which we are a means of grace to others? the issue is not whether we experience difficulty, that will inevitably happen. we will not be treated as we should be treated. we will not be thanked as much as we deserve. less competent people will get positions for which we were more qualified. we will be overlooked and not appreciated because of false perception. we will be misunderstood, underappreciated and wrongly accused. the issue is how we respond."

SO I CHOOSE TO SAY NO TO SELF-PITY, SELF-ABSORPTION, AND THE FEELING OF BEING "VICTIMIZED". NO MORE.

at church today:

"I AM NOBODY."
"I AM NOBODY, BUT I KNOW SOMEBODY."

"I AM NOBODY, BUT I KNOW SOMEBODY, AND THAT SOMEBODY IS JESUS CHRIST."

"I AM NOBODY, BUT I KNOW SOMEBODY."


"I AM NOBODY."


-kimmy, learning to listen [to really really truly listen], and thanking God.

No comments: